October is the breast month of the year ... see what I did there? If you didn't catch on to my not-so-subtle pun, October is breast cancer awareness month, a yearly campaign to increase awareness of the disease. Many of us are aware as to what breast cancer is, however not many of us are actively taking steps to detect it and encourage our loved ones to do the same.
So how can you help? Whether you donate, fundraise, volunteer or become a sponsor of the National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF), there are many ways you can help fight the battle. NBCF's website has some excellent resources on how you can help. Check it out here.
Many of your favorite online retailers are helping support breast cancer awareness:
- Perfumania will donate $1 to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation for any fragrance purchased from the Breast Cancer Awareness collection.
- Verseo will donate $1 toward breast cancer research and give you 15% off your purchase with code PINKPRIDE.
- Shiekh Shoes will make a donation to the Susan Komen Foundation with every purchase made.
- Purchase Touch of Hope hand lotion with a FREE self-check guide and Motives will give part of their proceeds to Earlier.org.
- Purchase any Pink Bag New York Coffee Blends at CoffeeForLess and all profits will be donated to the Breast Cancer Awareness Foundation.
Discover how other retailers are supporting Breast Cancer Awareness on MyCouponBuddy.com!
You can help fight the battle against breast cancer through early detection, education and support services. Visit the National Breast Cancer Foundation for more information.